Sunday, February 21, 2010

Very excited..


... Thanks to OCSC, I met this awsume photographer here on base. Unlike a lot of other photographers, she is totally willing to help others become better photographers. I just ordered two books today, Understanding Exposure, and Understanding Close Ups. I am more of a hands on learner. And she tried to explain to me "metering peoples skin". And I think I've started doing it, but I'm not sure if I have it done right. She shoots with a Canon and I shoot with a Nikon. I just wish I could see what she is doing first hand. The other issue I'm having is when I get up to my subject to meter their skin, I am using my telephoto lense and it doesn't want to let me get to close. So I hope I'm doing it right.. I'm hoping that once this Undertanding Exposure book gets here, I will know exactly what she's talking about. I also bought a Wedding Photography book yesterday. I LOVE it. It really gives good information that really pertains to all photo shoots. I have a feeling that this is going to be my "Go To" book, before my shoots.


I have also decided that I'm going to follow suit with Michelle and take one self portrait a month. Everyone is always complaining about me not being in any pictures. Well that all changes today! Also, my Maternity couple just had their baby! So I have a shoot this upcomming Tuesday to do his newborn pictures!! I'm so excited and I have a million butterflys in my stomack! I've got some great new newborn ideas thanks to a lot of online research!
So until next time..
Rowan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers