Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Breath of Fresh Air

This Presidents Day weekend has been pretty great so far. We started off yesterday with taking the 2 hour trip to my favorite place to shop, a town called Rancho Cucamonga. They have an awesome outdoor mall with lots of yummy food options. We got our tires replaced, shopped at REI looking for some compression sleeves for my calf muscles, Doug and the kids saw a movie while I shopped for some new clothes. We then went and picked out some wine and came home.
Today I had a photo shoot with a friend, so much gun! She wanted to do something for her 10 year wedding anniversary, so she put her wedding dress back on, she looked amazing; and we went to town. My husband in the mean time, was so sweet, he stained and distressed my wine rack for me, and tomorrow we get to hand it. Yay! Now I will have a place to store my wines! I wasn't really a wine person when I came to California. I still haven't even been to a winery. Thanks to a few awesome friends they have taught me to appreciate it. Some are an acquired taste but I've learned to really like them and I'm even starting to taste a few of the different flavors in the wines.
Upstairs got nice and cleaned today. I went through Chloe's clothes and got rid of stuff that she never wears or are too small. I cleaned the walls and started the bathrooms, now all we have to do is clean the carpets and the bath tubs, and a few more loads of laundry. I also started two new art projects for the walls in the kids rooms. I love DIY projects. They are really helping me to be more creative on the things I want to do to decorate my house. I'll post pictures tomorrow as well as Lucas's video of him walking..

Have a wonderful night!
To

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers